Recordset Not Updatable

abrown

Board Regular
Any ideas why my query would all of a sudden say "Recordset Not Updatable"?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
It could a number of reasons. When you say 'all of a sudden' were you able to edit it before?

Have there been any, even minor changes, in the tables/queries that this query is based on?

Upvote 0
I got it all figured out. My problem didn't have anything to do with the "Recordset Not Updatable". Thanks anyways.

Upvote 0
Even though it's fixed, as a guess, it's related to what happens in Access when you attempt to open an object in design mode when it's already open from VBA.

Next time you think about it, start stepping thru a function and then try to open up the QBE Wizard. Access will give you some nonsense error essentially saying the wizard doesn't exist. Stop/Cancel the code suspended function and you'll be able to open the QBE again.

Mike

Upvote 0
Mike

Most of the time I've encountered this it has been to do with relationships and joins in queries.

Normally it's my own fault - not setting the join properties correctly or picking the a field from the wrong table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back