records missing in query WITHOUT any criteria

kola

Hi!

Once again i cannot understand the software like access which sometimes dissapoints me, when not being able to handle simlpe tasks like following.
I have database of expenses (which of course is linked to various other tables). The record count is 1849. When i try to make simple query which would select the ENTIRE data set (ie. all 1949 records) from the database without seting any criteria, it selects only 1848. where is the problem?

Using siple methods i found the missing record and believe me - there is nothing wrong with it apart from the fact this was probably the lastr record i was working on.

Could anyone help me with a piece of advice?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I'm a little confused..

You say the expenses table has 1849, then you say the entire data set has 1949 records, I assume you meant 1849, right? And your wondering why the query has one less record (1848) than the referenced table.

If so, I imagine your problem is this. When you open the expenses table, your going to the last record, and looking at the record count and seeing 1849. This probably because you have your curser sitting at the last record, which is actually the start of a new record, so Access thinks you're adding a record and then it counts it. Try leaving your cursor at the top, and you'll see 'Record X of Y' at the bottom of the table, where the navigation buttons are. Y, in your case, should be 1848 as your query indicates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back