Record macro that includes creating a macro

Sheripres

Board Regular
Hello:
After searching the best way to ask this question, I cannot find anything on the internet.

I found a trick where I can color code an entire row by doing conditional formatting and then I have to View Code, click on Worksheet (instead of General), add "Target.Calculate".

It is that simple.

I wanted to share this with others as a macro instead of giving them instructions. I am able to record the conditional formatting part, but once I right mouse click on the sheet tab to View Code, the macro does not capture it.

Is there a way to do that?

I am including the written instructions I have created.

Thank you for any help.

Sheri

Attachments

• highlight entire row based on cell.jpg
    highlight entire row based on cell.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I don't know of a way to automatically enter VBA code into a spreadsheet.

What are you trying to accomplish by making the active row green? Why not leave the conditional formatting that way and just hit the F9 button to make the current row green? Doesn't the color change every time someone changes a cell with that conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
I don't know of a way to automatically enter VBA code into a spreadsheet.

What are you trying to accomplish by making the active row green? Why not leave the conditional formatting that way and just hit the F9 button to make the current row green? Doesn't the color change every time someone changes a cell with that conditional formatting?
We have spreadsheets that go across to columns past BA. End users of the reports like that they can click on a cell with a project # and the entire row is highlighted so they can scroll right or left and not lose the row they are looking at. This is one example. It is for viewing purposes; nothing else.

Upvote 0
If it's just for viewing purposes, then wouldn't hitting F9 be enough to highlight the current row when your conditional formatting rule is in place?

Upvote 0
If it's just for viewing purposes, then wouldn't hitting F9 be enough to highlight the current row when your conditional formatting rule is in place?
I will keep that in mind if I can't figure it out. This is something for many people to use, so I try to think I need the simplest way to speak to the "masses". When I create various macros or forms for others to use, I try to have as little human intervention as possible on their end.

We can close this thread since no one else is looking at it. I will think up something! Thanks for taking time to read it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back