Really need someones help! Password info

Jackblack1

Hi Everyone

I am farely new to access but have some general knowledge on how to use the application. What I'm trying to do is create a logon screen where as an employee is to logon using their badge number, i.e. A123456 and use a password in order to reach the forms. I have created the form, and I have a text sewt up for the ID and a text box set up for the password. How can I set up the table and the relationship so that if someone enters their ID into the text box and then the password, they will receive access.

Also If someone loses or forgets there password I have set up a button to send them to a screen where they can answers some questions then it will be e-mailed to them. I have question about this but I will save it for after.

Thank you

Jimmy Jam

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
The whole password thing can be pretty simple, it matter how many employees you have. If there is only a few, like maybe 5 or 6 then this code can work

Private Sub Form_Load()
username = inputbox ("Please enter your username")
if username = "user1" or "user2" or "user3" or "user4" ...etc then
if username = "user1" then
pass = inputbox ("please enter your password")
if pass = "user1's password" then
form1.show
else: end
End Sub

thats just a basis for the idea, if you can see how its set up then that can work. but it takes a little bit of coding. thats if its what you want. other wise you could just have one password set up so that only the people who you tell, or send the password can use it... which would get rid of the user part, which is pretty complicated...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back