Really a Dumb Question

Stormseed

Banned
Hi !

My apologies for this dumb question :nervous:

Does anyone know how do I animate my avatar ? I downloaded this small pic from one of the sites and it is a GIF (Graphics Interchange Format). However, I saved this pic as my avatar but I aint able to see the animation ? Is it that you guys are able to see and I am not ?

I use Firefox to surf the internet, any ideas ?

thank you for reading :cool:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Open the pic you downloaded in your browser (that is, open the file as it is saved on your computer). Is it animated there? Are you sure you saved the correct file or just a still image/single frame of the animation?

Hi Kristy

thanks so much for responding to my query.

Ok, I opened it in my browser (Firefox) and it is animated ! The pic shows the animation even on the extereme left of the browser's tab name. I don't understand whats wrong here on the board or perhaps, my browser settings for MrExcel ?

I am well acquainted with the internet HTML / DHTML & Scripting tools but I am sure a lil dumbo with things related to animation :biggrin:

Stormseed,

You cna open a gif in a browser and it will be animated, but if you try to open it in a picture application you will get a still shot. You need to somehow find a link or source to the gif you would like animated and link it to that.

Hope that helps.

thanks, schielrn.

how am i supposed to find a link of the image when the source of that animated GIF is my computer's hard drive ?

schielrn,

finally, i got it working and this time i followed your advice.

P.S: that's a winking tiger :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back