Re:TEST index

buzzing

Board Regular

Hi,
Why can't I include my full formula as text in my postings.
See test index.
I have pasted the full formula as text above my snapshot, but half of it is missing.
What am i doing wrong?
buzzing

Again, this is no fault of yours. You just seem to be trained to run into the known glitches of posting :)

At any rate, your entire formula *is* there, it is just not appearing due to the fact that it has the greater/less than symbols, which are also used in HTML code. As far as we've been able to figure, the board is interpreting that as HTML and is treating it as such.

You should be able to get around that by posting your formula within the board's
Code:
 tags.

Or, if it is too late to edit your own post, a moderator or administrator can edit it for you to show the whole formula.

Von Pookie said:
Again, this is no fault of yours. You just seem to be trained to run into the known glitches of posting :)

At any rate, your entire formula *is* there, it is just not appearing due to the fact that it has the greater/less than symbols, which are also used in HTML code. As far as we've been able to figure, the board is interpreting that as HTML and is treating it as such.

You should be able to get around that by posting your formula within the board's
Code:
 tags.

Or, if it is too late to edit your own post, a moderator or administrator can edit it for you to show the whole formula.[/quote]

Hi, sorry to be a pain, but thanks for your help.
How do I use "board's code tags". I don't understand that bit?
buzzing

No, not a pain. I just realized the same person seemed to be hitting all the glitches :)

Ah. Ok. The board uses something called "BBcode." It's kind of like HTML, but only works on boards like this and uses the square brackets instead of the greater/less than signs.

Here's some more info on them: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/faq.php?mode=bbcode

So you would just type the tag, enter the text you want to be affected by it, then type the closing tag.

Alternately, if you are replying using the "reply" link and not the 'quick reply", you could just use the buttons that are available. Just select some text and click one of the buttons to have the selected text affected.

Hi, thanks for your patience I had a read at the link you gave, and I have now added a reply to my posting Re: Index and Match, snag. including my full formula within tags. BUT it still only posted half of the fomula! Why!
It looked fine in the preview. Please Help!

That works, too. :)

For the record though, I edited your earlier post in that thread so it shows the formula. I think you didn't quite understand the tags. You don't just put the text in the square brackets, you have to use the entire specific tag you're trying to use, otherwise it won't know what you're doing. So it would be like

Code:
[code]your formula here
[/code]

Hi kristy,
You are right again, I didn't get the code bit right, but it worked when I put spaces around "<" so I'm gona quit while I'm ahead.(even I can cope with spaces)
Thanks for editing the previous version, and all your help!
buzzing
Learning all the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KENNETH ROGERS

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back