Random Function help

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office365 (updated) and Windows 10 Home (Updated). I have a workbook with several worksheets that control my music library. One of the worksheets has formulas that generate 40 separate random numbers ranging from 1 to 3009 and with no duplicates. I have discovered that almost every time I am working with that worksheet and hit the Enter Key, the 40 selected numbers change. They also change when I activate the F9 key which they should. Is there a way to keep the random generation formula from working except when I execute the F9 key? Thank you for any help.
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
What if you shut off automated calculations and set calculation mode to manual (which you would re-calc manually with the F9 key)?

Upvote 0
Solution
What if you shut off automated calculations and set calculation mode to manual (which you would re-calc manually with the F9 key)?
Good day Joe4 and thank you for responding. I left the automated calculations on and set the calculation mode to manual. After several experimentations and use of the Help file, I think I understand what is going on. I just have to remember to execute the Ctl-Alt-F9 before closing a workbook unless the Save option will do that. thank you again.
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back