Question to do with the update query..HELP PLEASE!!!!

Gemini32

Board Regular
Hi folks.....
:confused:
I had asked a question a few weeks ago about my mdb on using formulas to calculate in the unit price, price ( with a markup value in the price), sales tax, total...

One of the board members had suggested using the update query...So I design my work order mdb the way I had wanted it to be...

When I built expressions for price ( not including the markup), sales tax, total..It worked perfected....Did all the calculation for me automatically...It was awesome...

Here is the thing I wanted to use the update query to do the markup of 25%...IT WORKED!!!!
The update query worked for me doing the marup value...
My question is how do I generate the update query when I'm in the work order in ( Forms )...What I'm doing right now is putting the details in the work order then going to the queries table and double clicking the symbol of the update query...(this is what I see beside the update query)
(three 3 little lines ,then a pencil beside it ,then an exclamation mark at the end then the name of what I've called the update query)

Is there a way to do this all in the Forms table without me having to go back and forth to get the update query to work for me...Please any assistance from any of the marvalous board members would be very much apperciated indeed......I send thank you's ahead of time.....Gemini32...
This message was edited by Gemini32 on 2003-02-21 11:22
This message was edited by Gemini32 on 2003-02-21 11:25

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi Folks....

Ok I went back and I was trying to figure out what I could do with the updating query that I made for the work order to work in the form work order. I may have come up with something...I went into the design view in forms (work order) and I placed a command button with the wizard and use miscellaneous and chose the run query and selected the update query I made and then ran it and it worked...So I thought I'd post this in case anyone else had this problem as well...

Gemini32

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back