Question re Forms

DebbyG

Board Regular
Hello

I'm fairly new to Access so bear with me..

I have a large excel spreadsheet which I need to bring into Access to create a form(s)

Can someone please tell me how many records can fit onto a single form and how do I create "sub-forms"

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Debbie

A form is based on a table or query and will display all the records.

There are 3 ways to display the records on a form - one record at a time, a list of continuous records or a datasheet.

You can't create a form directly from Excel. What you first need to do is import or link the data from Excel into Access.

You can then create forms based on that data. Access provides various wizards to do this - goto the Forms tab in Access and select New to get a list, but you can also create them yourself.

Upvote 0
Thank you Norie

I have imported my excel data and can create a one page form, however, the data I have needs to go over onto 3 pages.

Is there a way to do this continuously without having to make individual tables for each form.

:pray:

Upvote 0
Debbie

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can base a form on a query rather than a table.

And you can combine >1 table in a query.

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm not explaning it very well.

I have a very large spreadsheet which I have imported into Access as a table.

I need to create a "user data form" showing all entries on the workbook in a form design.

I have about 150 column headings with 3,500 rows of data

the column headings are, i.e.

Name = clients name
Address1 = first row of clients address

etc.,

From the form I design users will re-type the physical data and input into a new system (which is not compatible to lift the excel data from) [lucky them...]

I don't need to run any specific query as I need all the data to show on the form, however, when I go to create my form Access is saying that there is too much data to create a form on all the data, therefore I need to reduce the data to approx 50 columns (which will show my 3,500 records).

This means I will end up with 3 x forms of 50 columns from my single spreadsheet/Table.

What I would like to know is - can I show the 3 x forms consecutively, or link them somehow so that they print all together as continuous records and are not disjointed.

Does that help or have I just confused things more :rolleyes:

Appreciate your help and feedback.

Thank You.

:pray:

Upvote 0
Debbie

What are the 150 columns of data? It seems to be an awful lot of fields.

You might want to look into restructuring things.

Upvote 0
Thanks Norrie, but it's not possible to restructure. It's a complex situation, but the bottom line is that I need all this data to show as a form which I can print out and users can then use to re-input.

I don't want to use the original spreadsheet as this is too confusing and would consist of more than 3 pages per client record; unless I made a form in excel, which again is not that practical.

Using Access seems to be my easiest solution.

Any solutions greatfully received. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Upvote 0
but it's not possible to restructure.
Why not?

Can you not import it into Access and restructure it there?

Upvote 0
Thank you Norie

I have the table in Access already (imported from Excel)

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by restructure??

I need all the column headings and all the rows, none can be deleted and must also keep their current format and place on the form (table)

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Debbie

I'm just wondering what each column is and whether or not they could be rearranged in some way without losing data/logic.

Access might even be able to help you so that - have a look at the help topic normalizing tables.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freddocp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back