Question about Reports

David_Skov

As part of data I have Month and Categories. I want the months to be shown horizontally and catagories vertically. Something like this:

------- January - February - March
Meat
Milk
Bread

How is that done?

I can only make the month show vertically with all categories under each month :/

January
-Meat
-Milk
-Bread

February
-Meat
-Milk
-Bread

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
The report should be based on a crosstab query. In the crosstab query "Categories" should be set up as the row heading, the "Month" should be set up as the column heading (you can only have one column heading but multiple row headings), and whatever value you want added or counted etc is the "crosstab value" (you can only have one of these too, e.g. volume or value but not both).

In the report, the row heading and 12 monthly fields (see below) are entered into the "detail" section of the report. The column headings from your crosstab query will be the 12 monthly fields (as mentioned above) in the detail section of the report - I usually force these to an "mmm" format in my crosstab queries so the 12 tags ended up "Jan", "Feb", "Mar" etc. A little confusing I know but if you can get your crosstab query to work, then it should be a lot clearer.

Hope this helps, Andrew :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back