Question about "my activity" tab

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
How does the "my activity" tab work? Specifically: when is it updated; and in what order are threads presented?

Ideally, it is updated whenever anyone posts a response to a thread that I have participated in, not necessarily initiated.

And ideally, that causes the updated thread to move to the beginning of the "my activity" list.

(I understand that I have to refresh the page to see the update.)

But I wonder: is it updated in that manner only when I post a response to such a thread?

I do not subscribe to threads that I participate in or initiated. Instead, I prefer to rely on seeing updates to the "my activity" tab.

But recently, I discovered I missed a number of follow-up questions in such threads.

The mistake might have been mine; that is, I might have simply overlooked the updates. I cannot say one way or the other.

But I want to be sure that my expectation is correct -- or not.

PS.... I do see "my activity" updates for threads that I initiate. And at least one thread reference is moved the beginning of the "my activity" list. But I'm not sure that is the case for threads that I merely participate in, but did not initiate. Should it be?

Last edited:
That page is subdivided into tabs. The one for you shows only your posts; the one for your 'friends' shows only their activity; the one for subscriptions shows activity in threads you are subscribed to; and I don't suppose the Photos tab does anything. (the 'All' tab is in fact only the combination of you and your friends). They appear in order of posting, newest first. I guess the update happens when the database indices are updated.

If you want any replies to any threads you're in, just click the Quick Links link at the top and select Subscribed Threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back