Query Question

lloyd2002

I have a query that pulls data from three tables, and are linked by a stock number data value in a field in each of the three tables.

I'm trying to add date field into the query from one of the tables, in which some of the records have no data. When I do this and link with the stock number value, I only see the number of total stock items that have an entry in this date field. If I remove the link I see all the stock items, but they now all have dates from this date field when some of them should be blank.

Any ideas on how I can show all of the stock items and the required date from this table?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
The default join type between tables is the INNER JOIN. In an INNER JOIN, records are only returned if they exist in ALL tables.
If you want to return all records, even if some do not have matches in other tables, you need to do a LEFT JOIN from the table that contains all the records.

See here for a tutorial on how to set up LEFT JOINS in the Access Query Builder: MS Access 2003: Create a query using a Left Join

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pnkundalia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back