Query or Report Formula??? Please Help!

nickh22

I am attempting to build a cost report and need to have 2 columns of totals on the report. The first column is for the ACTUAL costs incurred for a given quarter. The second column however needs to display the next quarters budget and depending on which quarter's actuals are being reported determines which budget need to be shown for the next quarter, i.e. if the quarter being reported is Q1 actuals then I need to see Q2 budget numbers in the second column. If the quarter being reported is Q2 actuals then I need to see Q3 April Forecast (revised budget) and so on. Once I get to Q4 actuals I need to see the next years Q1 October forecast. This probably sounds complicated which is why I need help. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if you need more details. THANKS!!! :x

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi,

As far as your question heading goes (query or report?) - most of the work should be done in a query and the report should show the results of that query.

How that query is built will depend on how your data has been stored and how your tables have been set up. Can you provide some more details as to how your tables are set up (in particular, what fields do you have and how are the tables linked) and what you have tried so far to make this report?

Andrew :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmcquade91

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back