Query not working after recreating Table

Firasath

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

I have to maintain a Month-To-Date complaints dump that will import in to Access on daily basis. I have created a Query with calculated columns based on that Table to calculate the various KPIs which is working fine. Now the problem I'm facing is when I try to import and overwrite the Table with the same name, the query is not working. It is asking to refer the values of the fields.

I tried linking the table, and it worked fine. But is is making the Access very slow.

How can I update the table with updated MTD data on daily basis without disturbing the Query.

Kindly advise.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Don't delete/recreate the table.
Simply delete all the old data, leaving the table structure, and import the new data into that empty table structure.

Upvote 0
Don't delete/recreate the table.
Simply delete all the old data, leaving the table structure, and import the new data into that empty table structure.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Do I need to do it through VBA Code only or can I do it without that also.

Upvote 0
No VBA necessary. You can either do it manually, or through Macros.
Is there a certain part you are having trouble figuring out how to do?

Upvote 0
I'm comfortable with deletion of all records and keep the structure intact, but have doubts about inserting the new data in the table. Appreciate if you can guide me.

Upvote 0
In the same manner in which you import records into a new table, you can import them into an existing table. You just elect to import into an existing table instead of a new one.

Is that what you are referring to, or is there more to it than that?
What type of file are you importing?

Upvote 0
In the same manner in which you import records into a new table, you can import them into an existing table. You just elect to import into an existing table instead of a new one.

Is that what you are referring to, or is there more to it than that?
What type of file are you importing?

Got it. You mean to say I can use the option of Append Data. First delete the all data and then Append a new data.

I am using Excel to import.

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
Yes, that's it.

One other advantage to that is if you have used any special properties on your table fields (Custom Formatting, Validation, Indexing, etc), you don't need to re-do it every time.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for your support. Appreciated. I'm planning to put a code for it in a Form button. I'll try tomorrow from Office and then update you.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe, it worked fine.

Facing some other issues for which raised two more threads separately. If you could please have a look on the recent one and advise.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back