Query: not equal to

Sully38

Board Regular
I have two tables 1 that stands a MTD and another YTD . I need to be able to write the MTD into the YTD table. My problem is I need to check and make sure that month has not yet been processed into the YTD before. I need to stay using queries as this will be maintained someone who does not want to learn to code.

Here is what I came up with I have used a query to group on the date field in the YTD file and write results to Lookup table. I know am coding an append query with a <> lookup date field in criteria section. I still am duping the YTD file and am not sure why.

:oops:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Before proceding, why are you maintaining two separate tables? An easier solution might be to develop two separate queries: one that returns Monthly data, and another one that returns YTD data.

- Kevin

Upvote 0
The data gets massaged and edited prior to going into YTD. It originally comes from a mainframe and gets cleaned and reformated. However I agree with you about one file. But this is how the db was designed and I am suppose to maintain it's design as much as possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMB1982

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back