Query another workbook & bring back data.

sgeth443

Hello there, I have a business that sells sun visors online.
I need to assign fitment data to each visor to make it easier for the customer to see if the part will fit on their vehicle.

There are 2 workbooks that I use. One with part fitment number and the other with my inventory.
I always find the fitment number by pasting a vehicle name like “CR-V” in a table filter. Excel would then bring up a couple cells of the fitment data I had for that model. Then I would need to see what result would fit within my year range to refine my results to the exact part (eg:2008). That should give me only one result so that could copy the value (eg:11G154) back to the parts sheet.

Here is a picture of the fitment sheet when I queried “CR-V”
ae2505ce6ea24cc18d0e53d842954fd0.jpg

I would love to automate this with a macro that queries the model and the year of the part. then returns the value back to the original sheet. If that query wasn’t able to eliminate all the results except for the one, then It would skip that part and move onto the next one.

One of the Big walls I’ve reached is the year querying. the inventory sheet has the year’s values formatted like this(eg:2008). But the fitment sheet has the years by range (eg:07-11). Is there a way I can search within that range to query the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattiButche

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back