Quantified Differences between two tables by year for certain fund.

mmmelissa717

I'm really fairly new to writing and building stuff in access so bear with me please.

I have two different tables that store cash transactions by year for each company deriving information from two different sources, (cash in & out the door vs. receipts) Eventually I'd like a report that would sum up all of 201X cash transaction (Rec'd/Distbursed) by year for a specific fund and compare that and populate a difference to what the receipt says. So basically it looks like this.

Per Receipt Per Cash Difference
Cont. Dist. Cont. Dist. Cont. Dist. Net
2009 161,978 0 168,091 - (6,113) - (6,113)
2010 71,254 (1,752,916) 71,129 (1,758,906) 125 5,990 6,115

As of right now I was able to build two queries that I can get the sum of cont. and dist. by year for both the cash and receipt table. (sorry formatting is messing with the look of the table) I tried to bold alternating columns to be able to read it better.

My questions is how to build them or combine them to get that Difference section of the table.

Here is the SQL for the queries that I built:

SQL
SELECT DISTINCTROW [qry_Cash Rec 001].Year, [qry_Cash Rec 001].Rollup, [qry_Cash Rec 001].[Family of
Fund Name], [qry_Cash Rec 001].TTYPS, Sum([qry_Cash Rec 001].Amount) AS [Sum Of Amount]
FROM [qry_Cash Rec 001]
GROUP BY [qry_Cash Rec 001].Year, [qry_Cash Rec 001].Rollup, [qry_Cash Rec 001].[Family of Fund Name],
[qry_Cash Rec 001].TTYPS
HAVING ((([qry_Cash Rec 001].Rollup)="1400") AND (([qry_Cash Rec 001].TTYPS)="Cash Disbursed")) OR
((([qry_Cash Rec 001].Rollup)="1400") AND (([qry_Cash Rec 001].TTYPS)="Cash Received"));

I have some extra stuff in there to add rollups and what not but I don't think that changes the results at all (or shouldn't anyways.) They are set up exactly the same just different table names.

Any help even getting a query going and then I export to Excel would be helpful at this point.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back