QR Code Generator

riconess22

I'm trying to make a simple 2 column sheet where column "A" cells some variable text and the cell right next to it is the QR equivalent of that text. I assume there some way that you can set it up as you populate each cell, the QR appears next to it....

I did the StrokeScribe plug in etc, but I can't find a way to reference the value of the QR from another cell. it only appears to let me change each QR by right clicking and changing it in the properites which is worthless.

Please Help.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
@dsfwesa hi,I m here by searching "QR code generator " on Google/. I came across qr code generator sdk while searching on web as well as the counterpart you mentioned above. well,What confused me is how can i know which is best working for me.Im using .NET. If someone can provide more tutorail/guide will be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to make a simple 2 column sheet where column "A" cells some variable text and the cell right next to it is the QR Code barcode equivalent of that text. I assume there some way that you can set it up as you populate each cell, the QR appears next to it....

I did the StrokeScribe plug in etc, but I can't find a way to reference the value of the QR from another cell. it only appears to let me change each QR by right clicking and changing it in the properites which is worthless.

Please Help.

As for your first request, I think common barcode generator add-in for Excel can achieve that. But as for your second request, I did not understand this sentence that "can't find a way to reference the value of the QR from another cell"? What exactly are you trying to get? Change QR Code on large-scale?

Upvote 0
This professional barcode generator SDK includes complete and strong functionality for high-quality QR Code encoding and printing in types of .NET projects, such as ASP.NET web forms, windows applications, C#, VB.NET class, .NET console applications, Crystal Reports, RDLC Reports & SSRS.

Upvote 0
Here is a creative solution, I use this to make 1D barcodes. I've tailored it to QR using http://qrfree.kaywa.com.

Assuming you have headers, and your data looks like this:
--A--------------------------------B
Name-----------------------------URL
Hello1---------="http://qrfree.kaywa.com/?l=1&s=8&d=" & A2

Size your cells to the desired QR Code size, and the macro will size to fit.

Code:
Sub QRGenerator()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim myPict As Picture
Dim curWks As Worksheet
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim myPictName As Variant
Dim F As Worksheet, S As Shape

Set curWks = ActiveSheet

With curWks
    Set myRng = .Range("B2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp)) 'Place the following formula in B2: ="http://qrfree.kaywa.com/?l=1&s=8&d=" & A2
End With
NextCell = 0
PicName = 2 '2 if there is a header, 1 if not.
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells

If Range("A" & PicName) = "" Then 'A is the column of the data to be converted
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Exit Sub
    Else
        With myCell.Offset(0, 0)
            Set myPict = myCell.Parent.Pictures.Insert(myCell.Value)
            myPict.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
            myPict.ShapeRange.Name = Range("A" & PicName) '"A" is the start of QR Code Data
            myPict.Top = Range("A1").Height + NextCell 'Header Row Height + Destination Cell Height (Defined Below).
            myPict.Width = Range("C2").Width 'Destination Cell Width
            myPict.Height = Range("A2").Height 'Destination Cell Height.
            myPict.Left = Range("A1:B1").Width 'Widths of the visible columns leading up to the destination.
            myPict.Placement = xlMoveAndSize
        End With
    End If
    NextCell = NextCell + Range("A2").Height
    PicName = PicName + 1

Next myCell

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back