Pull specific row data into new tab

cjames12

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out how to pull certain information from a particular row in a google sheets tab and display it in multiple rows in another tab of the same sheet. I created an online form where people enter the time they clock in and out for their shift and lunch break. When that information is submitted, it goes to google sheets but all the data is in one single row. My goal is to separate it so that if Jack Rabbit works on Monday and Tuesday then his name and the details for Monday appear on the Consolidated tab in one row and his name and the details for Tuesday appear on another row. HERE is a sample spreadsheet. In hopes of simplifying my request, I color coded both tabs so it's clear what I'm hoping to bring from one tab to another. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated if the answer is that it cannot be done. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out how to pull certain information from a particular row in a google sheets ... the answer is that it cannot be done. Thanks in advance!
And there we have it. This forum is for Microsoft Excel... which is NOT for Goople Sheets, Lotus 1-2-3, OpenOffice, or any other competitor as far as I know. I think maybe try StackExchange or a Google support site.

But hey, IF you do have Excel, then that would be a whole other ballgame and we can chat in detail about it.

Upvote 0
And there we have it. This forum is for Microsoft Excel... which is NOT for Goople Sheets, Lotus 1-2-3, OpenOffice, or any other competitor as far as I know
You may want to read the summary of the forum this is posted in before making those kind of comments!

1720734697625.png

So we do allow them to ask questions about Google Sheets here. Is it the best place to ask Google Sheets questions?
Probably not, but plenty of them do get answered here. So they are free to take their chances.
We just simply ask that the be sure to post the question to this "General Discussion & Other Applications" forum (and not the "Excel Questions" forum), and be sure to mention somewhere in the title or original post that it is a Google Sheets question.

Upvote 0
You may want to read the summary of the forum this is posted in before making those kind of comments!

View attachment 114001

So we do allow them to ask questions about Google Sheets here. Is it the best place to ask Google Sheets questions?
Probably not, but plenty of them do get answered here. So they are free to take their chances.
We just simply ask that the be sure to post the question to this "General Discussion & Other Applications" forum (and not the "Excel Questions" forum), and be sure to mention somewhere in the title or original post that it is a Google Sheets question.
Thank you Joe4. I specifically posted in this forum based on the summary saying that this is where to ask the question. I did end up finding a solution to my issue so I'm all set now.

Upvote 0
Thank you Joe4. I specifically posted in this forum based on the summary saying that this is where to ask the question. I did end up finding a solution to my issue so I'm all set now.
Yes, you did everything correctly. My reply was directed to Rhodie72, explaining to him that we do allow people to post Google Sheets questions here.

If you have a solution feel free to post it here, and mark it as the solution. Who knows, it may help someone else down the road.

Upvote 0

View attachment 114001

Thanks Joe. I have been a member for a very long time but was not aware of this. Sincere appologies.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back