Pull data from multiple tables without a join

RobbieP

I have monthly static tables with exactly the same fields. I want to pull the claim number which matches a criteria within the same monthly table into one set of data for each month. A bonus would be to add a field which states the source table for each claim. Say I have three tables: JanClaims, FebClaims and MarClaims. I want to pull the claim number (which is a field in each table) from each table where the claim has a status (another field) of "OPEN". The third field it would pull would be the source (JanClaims, FebClaims or MarClaims).

Is there a slick way of doing this without writing a select statement with a join command over and over again (I need 18 months of data for now...)

Rob

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You can build the query with a VBA loop to avoid manual repetition, but isn't it better to keep all the months in a single table?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, it would be better but I fighting seven years of historic data being stored monthly. This would be a one time need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back