gomes123

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
In the table in Columns F, G, H, this is the "final result" of the data, and I've plotted a simple line graph for Column F and Column H. I noticed there's some sort of (exponential?) growth decay for Column H? Is there a (mathematical) way to get an equation/formula for the 2 curves?

In the table in Column A, B, C, this is the "initial" set of data I am working with (from row 2 to row 14, the data is the same in both tables). Is there any mathematical/statistical way to project/forecast the rest of the values, so that it would forecast the data accurately as shown in Columns F, G, H? Whether by already knowing the equation that the curves/data follow (from Columns F,G,H), or otherwise.

Thanks so much, and apologies if I'm not making this so clear, I'm not fully familiar with mathematical/statistical terms, but I'm curious to learn more. Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, can't edit the title! The title should be: "Finding an equation given a set of values, and projecting the curves"

Attachments

• mrexcelupload.jpg
    mrexcelupload.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 19

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
The easiest way: insert a scatterplot with your points. Right click on any point and go for "insert trendline" and play around with the options. See e.g. Excel trendline types, equations and formulas
With the trendline there is an option to show the r2 and the formula for the trendline.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back