Programmatic access to Office VBA project in Office 365

CRHAAG

Hello everyone,

I have a workbook that I built in Excel 2013 which contains some VBA code requiring programmatic access. I sent the sheet to a user who has Office 365 along with instructions to allow programmatic access that I found at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/282830/programmatic-access-to-office-vba-project-is-denied
He is telling me that these instructions do work in Office 365 and he is unable to figure it out. I don't see any specific instructions for allowing this in Office 365 and am wondering if somebody might have some experience with it. I do not use it myself, so am unable to investigate on my own machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
With O365 Select File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center settings > Macro settings > Check the box by "Trust access to the VBA Object model" > Ok > Ok

Upvote 0
It’s possible he may not be able to, many IT departments restrict the access of this property (with good reason) through group policy. It’s one reason that writing code with code typically isn’t a good idea

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swgrinder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back