Program Interaction

RobMatthews

Board Regular
I've just finished updating some of my Excel macros for our new versions of Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD, and was wondering what other programs other people interact with from the comfort of excel.

I'm not doing anything too complicated with Inventor, just reading the currently-open file attributes, opening files, etc. But in AutoCAD, I am inserting Alpha-numeric blocks into the current drawing, to create a valve tags drawing. This would otherwise have to be done manually, with an outline and up to 7 digits per tag, and probably 10 or more seconds and mouse-clicks per digit, for sometimes upwards of 200 tags at a time. This is now all done automatically and would take about 3 minutes for a very large list, and is one of the improvements I am most proud of here, by virtue of the tedium that has been removed.

So,what do you interact with?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
on a much smaller scale, I'm using AutoCAD LT and setting all the text in a drawing border template as "Attributes" so I can extract the text attributes and import them into Excel. Thereby keeping a spreadsheet list of all the information in the drawing border

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saviour198

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back