Problems with HTML maker

artz

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have followed the instructions found in Von Pookie's HTML Maker FAQ on creating an HTML from my Excel worksheet.

IE opens, however, it is blank. The selected worksheet area is not there.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Art

I figured it out myself after goofing around with the HTML maker and the worksheet. Apparently HTML maker does not like certain syntax. For example, I placed the text: Total Profit/Loss----> in a cell at the bottom of a column.

With that text in the cell, IE opens, however, it is blank. The selected worksheet area is not there. When the ----> part is removed the HTML appears properly in IE.

Art

Now that I can create the IE webpage with my worksheet, can anyone explain what to do next? I thought that maybe I right click on "View Source" on the IE webpage, then "select all", then "copy". I would then paste this into the rely area of the Mr. Excel Message Board? Is this correct? Where can I find instructions for using HTML Maker?

Thanks,

Art

Where can I find instructions for using HTML Maker?
In the HTML Maker FAQ you say you've already read.

You do NOT view the source through IE. There is a button on the generated page that says "View source." Use that.

I read the FAQ again and tried posting the HTML worksheet again. Same result: the code itself shows up in my post, not the HTML worksheet.

Which reply window to use? Quick reply? or Post reply? If it must be Post reply, do I select the enable HTML or not?

This must be simple, so what am I missing?

Thanks,

Art

# In this new window, click the button that says "View Source."
# Copy the entire code that is displayed there.
# Come back to the board where you are entering your message, and put your cursor in the area where you type the body of your message.
# Press Ctrl+V in the area where you type. If you don't know HTML, it will look like a lot of gibberish. That's normal, don't worry about it. You can still edit and add to your message if needed at this point. Do not edit/add to the code from the HTML Maker.
# When you are finished, click the Submit button to post your message. The table should appear in your post just as it did on the browser page you copied the code from.

1. Do not preview a message containing HTML Maker code. You will not be able to use the buttons on the preview page to submit your message.
2. Do not quote a post using HTML Maker code. You will receive errors (when quoting a message, simply edit out any extra HTML Maker code).

It did work the last time I tried it, I thought that when I selected "view post" that the HTML was there again, not the worksheet. Now am not sure what I saw because when I went back a second time, the worksheet was there.

The reason that I did not see the copy to clipboard option was because I did not scroll down further on the page. That's it.

It's not in the FAQ but I would still like to know for future reference which reply message window to use? Quick reply? or Post reply? If it must be Post reply, do I select the enable HTML or not? Or it doesn't matter.

Art

Here is something very interesting: If I am not logged into the discussion group and view my post I see the worksheet. If I then log in and view my post, I only see the HTML. What's going on?

Art

Art

You mentioned somewhere about enabling HTML.

Perhaps you've disabled it in your profile?

EDIT: Just done a quick test, set Always allow HTML in my profile
to No.

And yes I could only see the HTML (and JavaScript) when I looked
at your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back