Problems w/ VBHTML Maker

acollins

Board Regular
I was wondering how everyone could include these boxes inside their posts with perfectly formatted vba code, so I did a little research and found VBHTML Maker. It is on the same site that this site links to for HTML Maker for displaying spreadsheets in posts, so I assume this product is the one most posters are using to include VBA code in their posts.

I have installed it and it converts my VBA module to HTML which looks great when viewed with IE or FF. However, when I view the source code, then copy and paste it into a post, it adds a lot of extraneous blank lines at the beginning, end and between lines in my VBA code. How can I get rid of these?

Also, how can I make my code show up in boxes like everyone else's does?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan

No need for the add-in - check out the link in my sig for code tags.

That's what the majority of people use when posting code.:)

In order to post VBA code formatted in the box, simply type the word "code" in square brackets before the beginning of your code, and the word "/code" in square brackets after the end of your code.

It does print a blank line at the end that we are unable to get rid of, but that is no big deal.

Thanks, Norie and Joe! I just tried it and did a Preview Post and it worked perfectly. I should have known it was something simple. I wish I had posted here before spending all that time researching, finding, downloading, unzipping, installing and testing VBHTML Maker.

Is there any way for me to edit my last post on the Excel forum (or possibly delete and resubmit)? If not I will just add another post to the thread using the tags so my code will be much more readable.

Alan

I'm not sure what post you refer to but perhaps one of the moderators will pop in and fix it, especially if you provide a link to it.:)

done. next time use the Report button

Thanks, Tracy. I almost did use the report button, but when I clicked on it, it gave me a message saying "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." so I didn't dare use it to ask for my post to be fixed.

Someone who reads messages!!! That gets you on my good list :)
You're right - we usually don't fix posts unless they are messing up the board - but doesn't hurt to ask.
As long as you don't ask via the Contact Us because that's for registration issues only....

But try reporting it. We try to be flexible, especially if you catch one of the mods in a good mood :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back