Problems dowloading Workfiles (xlsx)

leben

Hi!

I'm pretty new as a user of this wonderful sit for Excel. Especially for posting questions...

So, since this the first time a pos a question, I'm really sorry in advance if it is already on the board.

I went on the site "Excel workbook file YouTube Downloads" to download some files like:

"WorkbookExcelMagicTricks858StartFile&FinishedFile (.xlsx file format)" and
"WorkbookExcelMagicTricks859StartFile&FinishedFile (.xlsx file format)"

These are related to the new videos posted on YouTube (I received a email telling me that they were available) witch I got. And it was find till there.

But on the site for the workfiles (xlsx), I can't get these files. The files for 857 or 860 are Ok, but for the other ones, I have access to the links.

So, Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem?

Thanks in advance for reading this (my first...) message...

BB.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
BB, you may be trying to get to Mike Girvin's site for those files - check your YouTube URL because none of those files sounds familiar to me. Mike's YouTube site is: http://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun

On a quick glance of his latest uploads, it looks like the above link is the one that you want to re-examine for the download information that you seek.

Regards,

***UPDATE***
I double checked Mike's YouTube account for the file link. You should be able to find those files that you are looking for here: http://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/ExcelIsFun.htm

Re Re: Problems dowloading Workfiles (xlsx)

Hi M. Scottie P,

Well,

I went to site as you told me, but this is the usal place I'm used to go to for download the Excel files. This is the link:

http://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/ExcelIsFun.htm

So, if you check on the "Excel Magic Tricks series" section, you can see at the very end that there are some links for the files I talked about earlier (in my first message) that aren't present (#858 & #859).

About the download site, it's not the first time I use it. In fact, so far I've dowloaded hundred of vidéos and I never had any problem,

Any way thanks to have answered me. May be it's just a question of time before it will be possible to dowload the files.

Finally, if you can dowload the files, just let me know how you do it. But I don't see any other way than clicking on the link (when it's there) as I did for all the previous one.

Thanks again Scottie.

BB.

Sure BB.

For future, MrExcel is not affiliated with Excel Is Fun; two distinct sites. It may be that Mike has not gotten those files available yet, or that he missed adding the hyperlink but I cannot say for sure. In any event, I have an email to him.

Hope this has helped.

No problem Scottie!...

I'll be waiting...

Till then, just wondering, about the two distincts sites, does that mean that there are two places too to dowload the files? May be I got your last answer the wrong way...

Any way, I'm not in fire... I was more curious than sad about the problem. Besides, you are right when you say that sometimes, it take some time before the problem about the hyperlink is fixed...

So long Scottie. It's a pleasure talking to you.

BB.

The "two distinct sites" means that 'Excel Is Fun' and 'MrExcel' are not the same.

We [technically] have nothing to do with the 'Excel Is Fun' site at all. However, from time to time we get questions about Mike's site here and we try to answer them as best we can when we see them because many people believe that MrExcel.com and Excel Is Fun are the same - and they are not. Yet we try to help where we can.

We are not a part of the "Excel Is Fun" project. We are "MrExcel".

leben,

The files are not available yet because I have been snowed in for days and have not been able to get to work where I can upload the files. It may still be a few days until I can upload them. I will try to go in tomorrow.

Yes, Mr Excel and Excelisfun are different sites. I think that the confusion arises because of three things: 1) Mr Excel and I make Dueling videos and 2) of the 50 or so correspondences that I get at YouTube everyday many of them I send a note that says they should post questions to the alternative site mrexcel.com/forum web site and 3) I have a link to the forum at YouTube that says: FREE HELP @ Mr Excel Message Board.

Actually, The Mr Excel Message Board and all its true Excel Masters and THE Mr Excel (Bill Jelen) for starting this whole site rock endlessly!!!

Well well well!...

Thank you both of you. I know my question was very simple. And it's fun to see that the answers came back so fast espacially from the BIG ONE!!! LOL... Thanks a lot Mike.

And thanks to you too Scottie to reply me so fast and "disburbing" (lol) Mr. Girvin...

I'm getting used a bit more with the site... Soon, when I'll become a full grown user, I should ask real questions about Excel.

Finally, you both rock!!!

Thanks again guys... Now, if you'll excuse me, I just have about .... 900 superb videos to watch LOL!!!

LeBen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukmana_sam

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back