Problem with Volo View from Excel

drewstall

I have a VBA Excel userform with a control for autodesk volo view called AvViewX1, and a ComboBox that is populated with file paths from a list in the spreadsheet that the AvViewX1 control should display. The code for that ComboBox is basically:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Dim VarPath As String
VarPath = ComboBox1.Value
AvViewX1.src = VarPath
End Sub

This code used to work with a different control when the company I work for used a viewer called CadWhizz. Why do I only get a blank screen now that I am using the AvViewX1 control for volo view?

We also have DWG TrueView 2010. Is there a control that will work with that viewer?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Still no reply. This don't look good. I was hoping somebody could recommend alternate code that might work or a setting that I overlooked.

Since it appears that Volo View is the drawing viewer equivalent of a steaming pile of..., I have decided to redirect my focus to trying to get the DWG TruView 2010 to work in place of the Volo View in my userform. Is one of the .dll files in the C:\Program Files\DWG TrueView folder the control for use in Excel vba? If so, which one?

Upvote 0
On second thought nevermind. I will just use a shell command and open the TrueView application/File with the viewer screen in the vba window.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockychelsea

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back