Problem while I'm logged in...(?)

HalfAce

MrExcel MVP
Hi,
I seem to be having a problem this morning while I'm logged in.
If I just go right to the board (without logging in) I see the latest & current posts and all seems normal & up to date. When I log in and go back to "Excel questions" I am returned to Wed. Aug 13 at 10:13 AM. (?) I was able to search for (and find) the reply to my last post by searching the author's name, but if I search for "Posts since my last visit" I get the message that no results were found for my search criteria. Also when I try to log out I get a message of "General Error - invalid session". I have closed my browser and logged back on to the internet and mrexcel a couple of times and I can't figure out what's causing my problem. Can someone help me?
Thank you,
HalfAce

Hi Juan,
That actually solved part of the problem, but not all of it.
Now I can successfully search for posts since my last visit, and can log out, but when I go to Excel questions, I'm still "stuck in the past".

Now that I think about it, what may have started this problem is that yesterday I was changing the computer clock's time (to test some code in a user form clock that updates messages at different times), and (I'm not sure, but) may have had the wrong time set in my computer's clock when I submitted my last post. Got any more ideas on this?
Thanks for your help,
HalfAce

Well, I remember someone having this same issue, but, to be honest, can't remember the solution. Try clearing the cache of Internet, maybe its just loading an old version of the page.

Ok, this is getting kinda weird...
My time zone setting were still correct.
Now when I log in, I still go to my last post at 10:13 AM on the 13th. When I click on "page" 2, I go back to the page previous to that. Then when I click on "page" 1, I get brought up to the current posts (!???) I can't seem to access anything between the current page and 10:13 AM of the 13th. My instincts tell me I must've had my clock set wrong yesterday and that screwed something up. I hope things will get back to normal as time goes on. But I'm sort of pessimistic so if there are any more ideas to try, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks everyone...
HalfAce

Hi Juan,
Yes, I've cleaned out the history and temp folders and all cookies. All that's left in any of these is a folder called "Index" that is a data file with a .dat extension. I've cleared out all of the Cache files that I feel comfortable about deleting. All that's left are in folders called:
C:\DRIVERS, C:\I386, C:\WINDOWS, C:\WINDOWS\SYTEM32, sun/misc, etc.
The only one that refers to "anything internet" is called "sun/net/www/http. Everything seems to be system related or program specific having nothing to do with IE, Temp., History, or MrExcel. I don't know what else to do or look for but I hope I (you, or someone else) can figure it out because this is seriously hampering my mrexcel experience. (At this rate I'll never pass up Aladin's number of posts!!!) :LOL:
Thanks much for all your help on this.
HalfAce

Well, my problen is solved.
Who says if you just wait long enough the problem won't go away!
Once the actual date passed beyond the (incorrect) date that my computer was set on when this problem occurred, I went back to normal.

If anyone is unlucky enough to be reading this because of the same type of problem, reset your system date back to the actual date and wait for the actual date to get beyond what your computer was set for and see if things don't get better. (Which only makes sense since this site records the times and dates of the posts.)

HalfAce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back