Problem when searching board

RogerC

When I do a serach it returns results but I can only see the first page of them. If I try to go to page 2 (or Next) I get a page that says 'there are no results' (even though according to the first page there are many more pages). Has anyone else has this problem?

Yup... let the new board shake out for a while and all will be well.

I've noticed the search feature doesn't seem to work very well at all.

It seems to not be able to find things that I know are out there.

Hi Aaron,

Aaron Blood said:

With the old board, using search all terms was the ticket, whereas here you want to use and between your multi-term searches, else it's a free-for-all. The other thing I've noticed is that if you typo an author's name, it won't flag that the author doesn't exist, it simply returns No matches dude. Not sure if these are remotely close to your issues, but a few quirks that are out there. It is faster though. :D

NateO said:
Hi Aaron,

Aaron Blood said:

With the old board, using search all terms was the ticket, whereas here you want to use and between your multi-term searches, else it's a free-for-all. The other thing I've noticed is that if you typo an author's name, it won't flag that the author doesn't exist, it simply returns No matches dude. Not sure if these are remotely close to your issues, but a few quirks that are out there. It is faster though. :D

Yes, it returns the wrong results amazingly fast! Although, I'm not sure how great that is.

Here's an example... if I search for "xl-logic" I only get 3 hits. I know there's several more out there, but darned if I know how to make them appear. I've tried all sorts of stuff: *xl-logic*, "xl-logic", "www.xl-logic.com" (this one actually returns anything with www or .com in it). I've tried it with any word or all words and it gives unexpected results.

Perhaps it has trouble with the dash "-" but if that's the case, I'm not sure why it would return even 3 hits when I search on "xl-logic"?

Not a critical issue, but it does seem odd...

Perhaps there's something else I'm missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back