Problem when dl the HTML maker

collinsc

Board Regular
Hi

I have a problem with my PC trying to dl the HTML maker. When i turn on my PC Windows Installer appears and says "preparing to install"..

After a while i get 2 pop up msgs ones title is "Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage" which says "please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage" it has a progress bar which stops at 1...

Then i get another box which has the same title, and says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not avaiable. Insert the Microsoft Office XP PRofessional Front Page disk and click ok"

I no longer want to download the HTML maker and so want to get rid of this (as it is affecting my old Word documents).

how can i get rid of this!?

thanks

Has no-one else had this problem?
Has everyone elses PC just downloaded the HTML maker OK?

I have never heard of anyone having such an issue before, no. As far as I know the HTML Maker has absolutely nothing to do with FrontPage so there may very well be something else going on here.

Are you certain it is the HTML Maker causing the problem? Is this problem occurring after you installed the HTML Maker or when you clicked on a link to download it? What page did you try to download it from?

You say this happens when you turn on the PC--do you actually mean that or do you mean when you start Excel?

I believe you should be able to cancel the installer--there should be a 'cancel' button available (it will probably show you an error message after that, but just ignore it). I think the key issue right now is to figure out what, exactly, is causing that installer to appear.

Wait a minute...

I just popped over to Colo's site to make sure it wouldn't cause a popup requiring Japanese characters to be installed or something, so I doubt that is the problem.

However, I did see this in his list of downloads--caught my eye since it mentions FrontPage in the text:
Converting VBA code into HTML - COM add-in (164kb)

This is a COM Add-in that converts VBA code into HTML, it works with Microsoft Office Applications(Access, Excel, FrontPage, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, Word) that incorporate VBA via the VBE(Visual Basic Editor).

Is *this* what you downloaded? This is NOT the HTML Maker. The HTML Maker is called "HTML Maker" and is listed right there on the download page as such (directly above the listing for this).

I do not/have not used this and as such can't even begin to make suggestions for it.

Kristy
Thanks for your response.
Im pretty sure i would have tried to dl the correct thing- although, there is no way of checking now!
i just want to get rid of it-but i cant find a way to do it.!

ive noe worted it- i entered the disk as it asked...
thanks for responding von pookie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back