private message email but messages here are empty?

Hermanito

I've set up my profile so that I receive an email for topics where I posted in, as well as for private messages.
Today I got an email stating that I had a new private message, I went to the board to check it, but there was no message there...

What could be the cause?

Also, since about 3 or 4 days, I keep losing my login, though I do check the automatic login checkbox... Earlier it was no problem to shutdown the computer, the next day I would automatically login again to the board. Nowadays even closing my browser is enough, and just moments ago even while the board was open in my browser...

Hi,

The cause is that I wrote you a PM and deleted it.

the story
1. I wrote you PM
2. Since you were posting for some time and didn't read the PM (was remaining in my OutBox), I thought that you didn't know about PMs, considering you are quite new here.
3. I was about to write you in public "see your PM", but then decided to cancel the whole thing, including deleting the PM, which looked easier to me.

A parallel problem which you can encounter
1. click "post reply"
2. write message
3. click "submit"
4. "the post which you are replying to, doesn't exist"
reason: post was deleted before you clicked submit

kind regards,
Erik

Also, since about 3 or 4 days, I keep losing my login, though I do check the automatic login checkbox... Earlier it was no problem to shutdown the computer, the next day I would automatically login again to the board. Nowadays even closing my browser is enough, and just moments ago even while the board was open in my browser...
- Make sure you are accessing the board through the correct address: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/index.php

- Make sure you have your browser set to accept cookies from mrexcel.com

It's also possible your cookie was corrupted or something. Try deleting your cookies before coming to the board, that way it will set a new one on the next visit.

I was aware that the board had PM functionality, but I had set my options to receive an email when I got a PM because I know I tend to overlook such things... and I only got that email this morning at 11h Belgian time. Is there a delay for such emails? That the PM first sits in my inbox here for some time, and only then an email gets sent?
When did you send me the PM, Eric? Is it still applicable, because you didn't have to delete it as far as I'm concerned...

Anyway, I'll try to keep an eye on the PM from now on, maybe change my settings...
And I will also try to resolve the loginproblem by deleting my cookies...

thx

I cannot remember when PM was sent, but I know that you had posted in "Excel Questions" for more than half an hour before I deleted the PM again.

You can test all this by sending PM to yourself :)
That's the way I learned it :cool:

I'm getting curious now... what was the PM about, it surely must have been about either my charming personality or my gigantic Excel expertise :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back