Printing Report Question

billythedj66

Board Regular
Hello All,

Hope this makes sense. I have a large form called "Projects" where a user inputs all the information about a certain project. I also have a report called "Project Report" which has the data from that form. Is there anyway I can create a button that will print only the report of the current form. Any suggestions?

Bill

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
billy,

You should be able to just add the button, view the button properties, click on events, and then click on the field "On click". An elipse button should appear, press that. You will be prompted with Choose Builder. Select Macro builder. You will now have the macro builder on your screen, just select from the drop down, Open Report, and assign the details at the bottom of the Macro Builder, close the macro and save it. You should now have a working report button.

HTH
Cal

Upvote 0
I did that, but I do not think I was clear in what I want. I want the record of the form the user is in, to print the same record. For example, I have (3) projects, Project A, Project B and Project C and those projects all have their own page within the Record, sort of like an invoice. How can I make it so if the user is working in Project B, he/she will print the page of that record, not all of them. Any clearer?

Upvote 0
billy,
That makes it a lot more complex. You will actually need to create a query with criteria that links to the open form(Using the key in a hidden field or something). You will then need to build a report off this query. After that you should be able to take the prior mentioned steps to build the report button.
When you create the query right click on the criteria field for your key, and use the builder to get the reference to the form. Make sure the form is open at the time, and use the open forms option in the builder.

HTH
Cal
PS-I was just thinking that this might not work for you, since you are actually in the table for entry, the query will not be able to run since the table is locked to the form. I use unbound forms to gather the data for my entry form's, so this isn't a problem for me. Although it's far more comples to creat the forms. I usually use DAO to get the table fields I need, and update the tables the same way.

Upvote 0
Actually I got it to work by entering in the Where Condition box;
[Project ID] = Forms![Projects]![Project ID]. When clicked, it opens just the report page of the form. Thanks for all the help.

Bill

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back