Printing blank cells which have formulas in them...

x-amount

I have a long list of cells (part of a large dynamic list range) which have a similar formula to...

(the first column A, is just the row number) 1,2,3 etc

If(total_amount_of_entries<a1,"",code_here...)

(this is copied down 4000 rows, as that is the largest size the amount_of_entries could be)

So therefore, I have 2000 aprox rows which are blank, but still have formulas in them.

How can I ensure these dont affect the size of my printout, and therefore waste lots of pages of plain paper.

Is print area used for this? Im not sure how that works (I could probably find that out) but i was wonderign if there was any simple other options for this.

TVMIA

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Restricting your PrintArea would work perfectly for this situation. Simply select the range that you want to print, and then goto File|Print Area}Set Print Area. Then do a Print Preview, and you should see that the only thing to be printed is the range you selected.

Upvote 0
Can this be seat as a dynamic range, so the worksheet will have the printrange range as automatically selecting the range, say, with the offset function?

Will this setting be stored with the worksheet, so that other users will have the same print range?

Upvote 0
I have never tried to set the printrange dynamically, but if it can't be done manually, it could be done via code.

The printrange is specific to the worksheet and is available to anyone who opens the workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kc3475

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back