practical joke help

flyingmonkeyofdoom

Board Regular
Can any one help to either get an image of a fly to buzz about on a excel spreadsheet or for a moveable image of a fly to buzz about a screen<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Just found out a colleague doesn’t like them and want to see what I can do to make them jump<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Cruel I know, but should be funny<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
moving fly (or spider?) here
http://www.thinklikeahorse.org/images/moving fly.gif

you can set it as your desktop image on the screen, but the image is set with a white background, so you will either have to hunt down a different image or change the background on the Gif image

i saw an app years ago whilst browsing one of those shareware sites like majorgeeks or bluechillies which displayed an ant walking around whilst you worked. i would try the appropriate sections like 'appearance' or 'fun' etc on some of those sites if you have a few spare moments. i will have a bit of a look as well.

As someone with a phobia (spiders) I would absolutely suggest you NOT do that.

It's not funny and it can induce massive trauma. That sounds slightly hyperbolic and it is, but take it from me you do not know what happens. You could even end up ensuring the person will never again be able to look on a computer screen without feeling ill.

I'm not sure how I can properly impress why you shouldn't "play" with people's phobia (if they have one) without it sounding silly and like I'm being overly dramatic. But please don't.

I once found a fun little download on a site filled with bizarre screen effects and the like of a load of zombies that wandered around your screen and along the top of any open windows etc. I seem to remember their head popping if you clicked on it... :-)

Wish I still had it :-(

I once found a fun little download on a site filled with bizarre screen effects and the like of a load of zombies that wandered around your screen and along the top of any open windows etc. I seem to remember their head popping if you clicked on it... :-)

Wish I still had it :-(
If you ever find that, please let me know where it is! That sounds fun!

If you ever find that, please let me know where it is! That sounds fun!

I've decided to go on a major hunt for it this weekend, as I was thinking about it all of yesterday. If/when I find it I'll let you know ;)

sounds quite politacally incorrect. please keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back