[PowerPoint] Refresh diagrams from Excel

LitoII

Hello guys,

first off not sure if here is the place for this issue, so pls direct me if I'm on the wrong street

Straigth to the point >_> I got some 80ish slides with diagrams all of which are linked to an Excel book with several spreadsheets. When I have the master excel book and the temporal spreadsheet for the respective diagram everything is fine.

But if I change something on the spreadsheet, then all the 80 diagrams should be refreshed. I don't want to be opening them one by one (lol), so could you please direct me to the easiest way of making this automatically.

There is a button on the powerpoint menu (mine is in German, so not sure how exactly it is translated in English, but here it is: Diagrammtools -> Entwurf (the left one out of three) -> Daten -> Daten aktualisieren) but it is constantly in a shade, so I am not really sure how to "activate" it..

I don't mind doing macros (not sure how to code them tho; and also I'll most probably have to teach the guy who will use the PPpresentation afterwards how to use the macros :D), but would appreciate if you could direct me to the pretty much easiest way of refreshing all these diagrams without having to open their spreadsheets one by one :)

Cheers in advance!

P.S. Let me know if I'll need to clarify anything on my issue here.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Have been going through different forums. It does seem like this problem has been there for the last tenish years.

Is there still no solution and that's why people are avoiding replying on threads like the current one? :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back