Power Query - Help!

TG2812

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm trying to use Power Query Editor. However, it's the first time I'm using it and despite following some online tutorials, I have not gotten anywhere close to what I want to do.

Here is the challenge I'm facing;
  • I have different vendor each reporting their sales/business objectives in separate Excel spreadsheets, all located onto the same OneDrive folder.
  • I want to consolidate all their data into one Master Workbook. Basically I'm trying to establish a connection between this Masterfile and each separate excel spreadsheets.
  • I'm just trying to establish a connection and retrieve the given number. I do not want to have a table format as a result of the connection.

What am I trying to obtain?
  • in cell T5 (from the attached picture - IMG 4400), I should retrieve the number 480
  • in cell U5 (from the attached picture - IMG 4402), I should retrieve the number 342
  • etc..
The worksheets are set up the same way than on both pictures.

Note: I'm using columns grouping function in the masterfile...in case this has an impact

Thank you in advance for your help and inputs (preferably in an Excel spreadsheet please) :)

Attachments

• IMG_4400.jpg
    IMG_4400.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Power query is only going to return a table of results. It looks, from the little I can tell from those pictures, like your best bet will be to return the relevant total rows/columns from all the files as a table in the master workbook, then use formulas to lookup the relevant values.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply 🙂
What kind of formula would you advise in my case? Would that create a problem if the vendors’ templates are moved from a folder to another on that same SharePoint ? Or would that create broken links and subsequently troubles to remap everything ?

Upvote 0
They would be lookup formulas of some sort.

If you move all the files, you would need to update the source path in the query you use. I would generally make that a parameter obtained from a cell so that you can just edit the cell and then refresh the queries.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back