Power Pivot - Add calculated column to subtract total from another table

UniqueUsername

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm slowly tinkering on a project at work that keeps pushing me deeper and deeper into Excel. This is my first venture into Power Pivot and need a hand getting started.

I have 4 tables, 2 containing unique values that tie the other 2 together.

UNIQUE CUSTOMER - just a list of unique customers, relationships have been created for PLANNED/RECEIVED
UNIQUE MATERIAL - just a list of unique materials, relationships have been created for PLANNED/RECEIVED
PLANNED ORDERS - contains CUSTOMER, MATERIAL & QTY (does not contain multiples of CUSTOMER/MATERIAL combinations)
RECEIVED ORDERS - contains CUSTOMER, MATERIAL & QTY (can contain multiples of CUSTOMER/MATERIAL combinations)

I'm trying to create a column that calculates the difference between what we had planned for a customer to order, and what they have ordered so far.

On PLANNED ORDERS, I'm trying to create a calculated columns that would sum all orders received for the specific CUSTOMER/MATERIAL combination on a row.

Best I can figure, I need to combine CALCULATE and SUMX but am struggling to get there.

=CALCULATE(SUM(receivedQTY),planCUSTOMER=receivedCUSTOMER, planMATERIAL=receivedMATERIAL)-planQTY

So if CUSTOMER123 purchased 23 units of MATERIALXYZ and we had planned for them to purchase 30 units of MATERIALXYZ the result would be -7

I'm sorry for how lost I am :(

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Is there a particular reason you want this as a calculated column rather than a measure? How are you planning to use it?

Upvote 1
Solution
Because I didn't know any better haha.

I had incorrectly assumed that because I couldn't add a calculated field all willy nilly like usual, that I needed to dig deeper.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back