Power BI Publish Rights

Jeffrey Mahoney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Somewhat new to Power BI here. I have Power BI desktop. I've been given a weekly task to get a report into Excel, then publish that data into the Company Teams/Power BI site. The two people that are owners of the site have forgotten how to give me Admin Rights or Ownership so I can publish the data. Can somebody explain the steps. I've tried creating a workspace in the Desktop version and online.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
The owners can manage permissions in the workspace. They have to make you administrator (or contributor) too

Upvote 0
I don’t have a pc atm. In a workspace at power bi service there is a button called manage permissions or manage acces ( or something alike).

Upvote 0
In Power BI online, there will be a Workspaces item in the menu on the left. Clicking on that will bring up a list of the workspaces they have access to. When hovering over one in the list, to the right of it they will see a Pin icon and an ellipsis. Clicking the ellipsis will bring up the menu for Workspace Access (and Workspace settings), which will allow them to add you.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back