Posts read and contributed to

Lewiy

Are there any different views available for the message board? It is now not so obvious which posts I have contibuted to at a glance. I know you have the little icon but they don't show up in red any more.

Also, I'm yet to discover how I ascertain which posts I have already read. The unread posts used to show in bold lettering, is there something I'm missing?

Re: New Board - Posts read and contributed to

I don't know what you mean by "Views" - there are different views, which you can review in your profile settings.
If you want to view your posts, then there is a list of subscribed threads in your profile.

And once you've read a post, it should unbold.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292963

Are there any different views available for the message board? It is now not so obvious which posts I have contibuted to at a glance. I know you have the little icon but they don't show up in red any more.

Also, I'm yet to discover how I ascertain which posts I have already read. The unread posts used to show in bold lettering, is there something I'm missing?

Instead "red" title, you can watch the little envelope icons at the left side of each thread title. Following is the description of the icons:

icons.jpg

"You have posted in this thread" one at the bottom-right is the one which was "red" in the old board that I implemented many years ago.

That little checkmark icon at the right side of the thread title is just the marker if you are subcribed to that thread or not. You might have sent a post to the thread or you might have subscribed to the thread manually even you didn't send a post.

Does this help?

Hello,

on a similar issue, I switched off my e-mail notification to subscribed threads, (setting is NO E-MAIL NOTIFICATION).

I replied to a post today, and noticed that I am now not subscribed to it.

Have I done something wrong?

Hello,

have just replied to another post, and I am subscribed to it.

Very strange!

Seems to be OK at the moment.

Sorry, I'm lost. Do we yet have the capability of listing our own posts started, or contributed to? Or where I used to click on "Nate's number of posts" when I wanted smart answers: can I still?

Also, my subscription list is 0. Any chance of importing the old subscription list?

P.S. I set "enhanced edit mode" - vs. the default "basic text." I think this should be the default. The basic text format starts out giving me the html tag br and probably is not what people want. (I'll repost this in another thread if you ads don't see it here.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PierreF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back