bobsan42

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
hope this is the right place to put this post.

I think this board is great and found it very helpful during the last few years.
i'm quite a newbie to the forum, and not exactly a great expert in Excel, Access and VBA (like some of the people here), but i have a few lines of code written and i have the idea about sharing my work with other people.
Well most of my work is not for generic usage - it is more or less related to my work and needs. But there is usefull (i hope) generic bits in it. :biggrin:
I guess i'm not the only one and for sure not the best but ...

My question is: Is possible a section in the Forum to be created for Sharing Code - something like making the code available to other people directly with posting the code or by posting a link to a file and adding a description what the code does.
Of course with the possibility for comments, discussions, remarks, suggestions, improvements or bug reports.
Because simply posting somethig in the Excel or Access Questions will just be another drop in the sea of questions - got lost there.

Thanks in advance.

We had a Wiki at one stage but it got abused by spammers, and became too much of a maintenance drag for the moderators.

Sometimes people post the code and prefix the title with something like Tutorial. It still floats off into the sea of posts but it's easier to search with a distinctive title like that.

Denis

Also in addition to what Denis has stated, some people will upload the code to a web page and host it somewhere or upload a file with all the code to a file sharing site and then put a link in their signature on this site. Then whenever you ask/answer a question people may be apt to click on a link in your signature such as Denis has.

:)

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back