Posting Excel Tables

rwmill9716

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to learn how to post portions of Excel tables in my posts. I was told to place borders around the cells, copy them and then paste them in my post here. When I do that, the column relationship is lost so the columns don't line up. It looks like this:

Abb BAA
1 4
2 5
3 6

I must be doing something wrong though it seemed so simple. Any help would be appreciated as I see tables included all the time in other posts.

Thanks,

ric

Hi

Doing what you are doing I have found to work only when using Internet Explorer (not Firefox or other browsers) and the only version of IE I have tested this on is IE6.

There are html makers which are add-ins to Excel which can be used to generate a html output which can be pasted into your post and will carry over formatting and formulas. There are two common ones available: my own which you can get if you send me a PM with your email address) or Excel Jeanie which you can get if you type in Excel Jeanie into a search engine. Jeanie is the more comprehensive option but is also more complex and requires you to run an executable on your machine. Mine is totally open and is simply an Excel add-in so you can review the coding behind it and modify it should you wish.

As well as the Internet Explorer issue there are two others to be aware of ..

1. You do require a certain setting, see here

2. It won't work in this 'About This Board' forum so you need to test in the Test Here forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back