posting a speadsheet

FireBott

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Can anyone tell me how to post a topic with a spreasheet. I went to COLO website and downloaded the utility, but I am still unsure of how to do it.

Thanks

Your question should probably go in the 'Questions about the Board' forum but try the 'Lite' version of the HTML Maker from Colo's website as its a bit easier to use. Where are you struggling?

Add the Add-In to your Add-Ins folder.

If you're unsure where it is, in Excel goto-->Tools-->Add-Ins-->Browse to get the path. Once you've done that goto-->Tools-->Add-Ins and select HtmlMaker 2.42. You will then have an HTML menu. When you're ready goto HTML-->Select Used Range. The Add-In will automatically select a range for you, but you can expand or reduce it as necessary.

Follow the dialogue boxes and your spreadsheet image will open in a new window. There's a button below the image that says "Click to send image to clipboard". Click it.

Go to your post and type your message, then hit CTRL+V to paste the HTML. When you submit your post, your image will be there.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

If you've downloaded the zip file - extract it then in xl go to Tools>addins... and browse to where you've extracted the file and select it. The add-in should now load. Then select the range you want to post and hit the HTMLMaker light menu item and follow the instructions. Hopefully clear from there...

Reported this post but only cos it needs moving - that's all!

pennysaver

thanks for such detailed instructions.

Firebott

Hi, I tried this - but can't get it to include my graphs, only the numbers, formulas and text are included. Do you how to do this?

How do I include the html page in my MrExcel post?

br Thomas B

The HTML Maker is not able to show graphs. If you need to show the graph, you could do a print screen then upload the image and use the image tags to show it here. That's the only way I know that you'd be able to.

Von Pookie said:
...then upload the image ...
i thought it had to be queried (via Img tag) from the web? where do you upload to with your own pics?

That's what I said, silly :)

...upload the image and use the image tags to show it here...

And where it's uploaded is up to the person. Some people have their own space they can use and there are a few sites out there that give you space for free and allow you to link images.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gregs44132

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back