Post Quick reply not working

arkusM

Is this just me?
Sometimes Post quick reply does not work and I must click on "quote" to be able to post a reply. I noticed it in my own threads like when I was testing posting a table, but also in at least one thread in which I was asking for help and possiably at least one other in which I was answering a question.

Could be our "old" version of IE. Though in my "question" thread Aladin said he was also unable to Quick reply.
Wierd.

I have noticed this before, but never been able to determine the exact cause. I usually go to the post reply button and didn't think about using quote.

Thanks that works too.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious!! LOL :oops:
Couldn't see the trees for the forest..

I found the thread in question.

The quick reply is not working due to the somehow-mangled post in which you used HTML Maker. I have no clue why the display is sometimes wonky when posting while the underlying code looks fine; we have yet to figure that out.

I simply deleted that post (as the example wasn't working anyway) and the quick reply--or anything else button-related--on page 1 of that thread should be working again.

I found the thread in question.

The quick reply is not working due to the somehow-mangled post in which you used HTML Maker. I have no clue why the display is sometimes wonky when posting while the underlying code looks fine; we have yet to figure that out.

I simply deleted that post (as the example wasn't working anyway) and the quick reply--or anything else button-related--on page 1 of that thread should be working again.

Thank you Von Pookie.
I was thinking of reporting it to request that the post be removed but then the report screen says that it really not purpose of the report fuction....

Blaa blaa.
I found another post that shows how to correct the HTML maker's code so that problem does not happen so I think that I am good in that regard.
Thanks for looking into this for me.

This is the post that I found a fix for HTMLmaker.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322557

Maybe, MrExcel.com should contact the author since it is one of the recommended table display utilities. Cheers.

And Thank you again for fixing my post.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322557

Thank you Von Pookie.
I was thinking of reporting it to request that the post be removed but then the report screen says that it really not purpose of the report fuction....
I really need to get them to change that. For the record: yes, it is okay to use the report function on a post if the display is affected like that.

Maybe, MrExcel.com should contact the author since it is one of the recommended table display utilities.
We've been discussing options, but it's a rather large undertaking. The larger problems such as what you ran into have seemingly only started recently, and only on this new board software.

Cool.
Thank you for the clarification.
Happy hunting and hopfully you and your team can resolve the issue.

On a side note I really appreacite this board and the people on it, but I know that there is ususally a lot of work behind the scene(screen) to make things continue to work smoothly, so I want to thank you and your team for their efforts, you folks are greatly appreicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back