Post missing some postings

AdminCo

Board Regular
Hello,

I posted a question "Insert Time with Macro" and wanted to reply to it. On the main Excel - Questions screen is shows 3 replies and if I go into my postings it shows 5 replies. Any idea why this is not the same?

Thanks,

Alan

Hello Juan Pablo,

On three views I see three arrangements. On the main screen it says 3 replies and shows 3 replies. On search my postings I get both shows 3 with 5 and another that indicates 5 and shows 5. That is what it I see. At any rate, I still get an "Invalid Session" and cannot post a reply to any one of them.

Don't know what to think about this.

Alan

Hello Juan Pablo,

Curious notation. When I click on the shortcut where you see 5, there are only the three replies.

Alan

Hello Juan Pablo,

I'd already tried that, even to the point of shutting down the PC and rebooting. For some reason that message remains at the very top of the Excel Questions forum every time I log on and still the same results.

More than anything I just wondered why I see the 3 individual views. The annoying part is wanting to reply and can't because of the Invalid Session notation. To date I have over 60 posts which are nowhere near the over 6,000 posts that you have. I do not use AOL and this has not happened before.

Thanks for taking a look at it though. I appreciate your time.

Regards,

Alan

It's very strange... is like if your browser just stopped updating the information, because your post is not the first one right now on Excel Questions. Have you changed anything in your browser settings ?

No changes to the browser. I did change the settings in Excel for shutting off screen tips but do not believe that should affect this. I even turned those back on to see if they have an affect but they don't.

When I log on to Excel Questions the screen shows my posting (white No new Post flag) above the new orange labelled - New Posts. The newest post is "Table of Contents - Index and the next is "Simple macro sentence to those who know". They have been that way for a bit now. So you are right, the screen does not seem to be updating.

Regards,

Alan

I don't know why I did not think about screen refresh but just did that and the screen updated. Now I will look at the other issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back