Possible Help?

COJMORE

Hi,

I have been given this question and I really have no idea how to do it. i was wondering if somebody may be able to help me?

"You need to add another button to the form used for sending a letter to a specific customer, giving details of a car that meets their requirements. This should then generate an appropriately worded document, giving full details of the customer and the car on offer. The date of writing should also be clearly defined?"

I was wondering if somebody might be able to help me out with this problem I have?

Any help wouid be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

COJMORE

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Oh, here's a little background info that may help you understand what I am trying to do...

I have designed my database in MS Access and from within Access, I need to somehow, add a button that when clicked / pressed, will send a letter to a customer concerning there individual needs and requirements.

For example, John Smith, wants a new house in the price region of £250,000, so I need to be able to send him a letter with all details of the houses we have that fit his criteria, and also, the letter needs to show John Smiths full address and the date of the letter.

Upvote 0
What you are asking for is simple and difficult but you need to provide a little bit more information.

Do you already have a database? Do you know how to use Access, create queries, create forms and reports?

It kinda seems you want to do a mail merge with the data extracted from the database that has the information a potential customer might be interested in.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have already created a database for a small company who hypothetically sell cars.

I have a reasonable understanding of MS Access and have created queries, forms and reports before, so I should hopefully be able to follow any instructions?

What you described is exactly what I want to do, I just don't know how to go about it! :)

Please could you advise me as to how I can resolve this problem? Is there any specific info. that you need to know?

Thanks again,

COJMORE

Upvote 0
The way I have done what you need is to create a standard letter in MSWord.

Then create a query in Access that extracts the data I need.

Do a mail merge in MSWord and use the query to populate the blank fields in the letter.

I know what I have said is pretty basic and you might need more information. Unfortuantly I am going to leave right now, I can help you out on Monday if you like. So I'll look a post from you.

I am also sure that a button can be created in Access that can run a macro to automatically populate the blank fields in the MSWord letter or create one in Access. But I'll look into that a bit later.

Enjoy your weekend.

Parra

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxhathust

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back