Porting Access Data to Pre-Made Excel Sheet

trendon

Hey, I am a beginner Access user and average Excel user. Combine that and I have no idea how to begin with the following task.

We have created a user DB incorporating common fields such as; usernames, address, phone number...your standard-fare information. On the other hand we have created a pre-fab data sheet in Excel that we would like to link to certain fields in the DB (forgive me for possible improper terminology).

For instance, when we finish entering the information into Access, is there a way to hit a button that will port the data to the corrsponding fields on the Excel sheet?

Thanks for your help, you have all been very helpful in the past and I wish I could offer the same advice to others!

(If you need picks for tomorrow's baseball games, let me know!)

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I suppose the first question is why export to Excel? what are you doing there that you could not do from Access?

There are a number of ways to get data into Excel and a lot will depend on your set up.

I often use MSquery from Excel to suck the data straight into a table in Excel and then use it from there. You can set the query to update everytime the sheet is opened or just refresh on demand.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMB1982

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back