Podcast Question

silvanet

Is it possible to get the feed for the earlier podcasts? I got the feed from iTunes, but it starts at Episode 301.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Earlier Podcast FEED

I had already found the podcast blog at http://www.mrexcel.com/podcast/learnexcelpodcast.html

My question is if it is possible to get the RSS "feed" for podcasts prior to episode 301.

It is cumbersome to browse back through the archives to find a specific episode. It would be a lot more helpful if one could see them all like you can see them in, iTunes for example, even if it were in a separate feed from the current one that begins at 301.

Is my question clear now?

Feedburner refuses to process a feed that exceeds a certain size. When we put all the episodes in the feed, it gets too large and the entire feed drops out of iTunes.

We keep hitting the limit on feed size. Every couple of weeks, we remove 10 podcasts from the start of the feed.

The tech support guys at Libsyn and Feedburner defend this by saying that a feed is supposed to be what's new, not an archive of everything.

Feedburner Limits

It's sad that the tech support people are so shortsighted. I think your podcasts comprise one of the best resources one can find on Excel. I was thinking, for example, of the group that you posted on the subject of pivot tables. Would it at least be possible to somehow index or provide a table of subject content on the podcasts in the blog to make it easier to find a topic? Searching is good, but not as good as being able to view a list the topics and click on a link to take you to the episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyJones1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back