Podcast failure ???

isifvs

Hi, I have been subscribed to the MrExcel podcast for quite a while. I have collected all the way back to episode 161 and have them all stored in iTunes.

A week or so ago, iTunes stopped downloading. The last episode I have is episode 1175, that was dated Jan 19, 2010. When I try and update, all I get is the exclamation point icon and when clicked on it says that this podcast does not seem to be a valid Podcast URL. When I first noticed this last week, I also clicked on the arrow to go to the podcast in the store and it worked. At that time, I noticed that there were two podcasts that I had not yet downloaded, 1176 (Jan 21) and 1177 (Jan 22). But nothing more recent.

Today, I can't even click on the arrow to go to the podcast in the store. All I get now is an error message that says "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection timed out."

So, I searched iTunes and found the podcast. It also just has the same two episodes that I don't have 1176 and 1177, but nothing newer.

So, what's going on? Is MrExcel still available in the iTunes store?

I also went to the archive at MrExcel, but the most recent post there is Jan 1

So, what's happening.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
The Current podcast is, in fact, "Asymmetric Reporting - 1177 - Learn Excel from MrExcel Podcast".

Bill - a.k.a. MrExcel is currently wrapping up on a few other projects that have demanded the bulk of his time and attention; he has been developing and uploading podcasts as time has allowed. Rest assured that he will be resuming his daily podcasts shortly. :)

We do appreciate your support and especially appreciate the fact that you took the time to mention it here. I will do my best to keep folks updated here on Podcast issues, solutions - and of course - that golden day when regular Podcast Episodes resume. :)

Thank you for Your Support!!

Ok, thanks Scottie. But another question. I currently have only been able to download episode 1175. I cannot get these last two, 1176 and 1177, because of whatever problem is happening at the iTunes store.

Basically, I want to make sure that my iTunes is not the problem.

So, if I just wait will everything heal itself or will I have to do something to correct this issue?

Thanks for your assistance.

Later

I will try pulling them down with a test user acct I have set up on this machine. I did note that there was an iTunes update the other day. Don't know if this would help or hurt your situation.

To check for current updates, you can open the iTunes UI and go to the Help Menu - Check for Update is in the dropdown list of options. Click Check for Updates and see if you get a bite. :)

I didn't have any trouble downloading the current podcasts to my personal machine once they were uploaded through iTunes and none of the settings for the podcasts has been changed that I am aware of.

Well, I am not sure what happened. On Thur Feb 4, iTunes would not retrieve the last two podcasts. This morning, it pulled both of them right down. I am guessing that there was something awry somewhere else, since I have not done anything to my laptop. Still same version of iTunes.

But I am glad to say that it all seems to work ok now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back