Plug-in/Solution to Clear Up Cumbersome File

balakhara

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this post.

I’m currently responsible for a maaaaaaassive file of financial data, and due to the size and the amount of connection it has (e.g. to ERPs), it freezes just about every two seconds, locking the whole thing up, menial tasks become impossible, et cetera.

I feel as though I recall coming across a plug in where it would load Excel/data information into a previously blank page. I would basically want to have a ‘blank’ file, but with the capacity to pull up these sheets/segments individually, so as not to overload the system and to make it actually run for what needs to be done. Does anyone have any familiarity with something like this? Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Massive amounts of data or massive amounts of formulas? You can a very large workbook with no formulas and it will take awhile to load, but most likely not stutter like you describe

Most of the experts around here will tell you that Excel is not a great tool for what you describe. I'm in agreement most of the time.

I've been working with Excel to create an external database to store and retrieve records efficiently. As with all DB style storage and retrieval, there comes with a need for VBA experience to create that and manage that until you've perfected all your needs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back