Please Help!!!!

KellyW

I have a linked Excel table and run 5 queries off this linked table, everything runs fine, but when I try to run my reports I get the Link Table Specification does not exist.

My reports run off my queries, which run fine so I don't understand it at all. If I change the specs it works the first time and then not again. Please some help, I have a lot riding on this.
Thank you
Kellyw :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
How did you link the table and where are you changing the spec? I have linked tables I have never seen any spec to change.
I only change the location using the linked table manager?

Ziggy

Upvote 0
In the meantime, if you need a cheap solution to save your ****, just make those five queries Make-Table queries; that way they'll make tables in the database with the same data as what's in the Excel worksheets (except, of course, the data will be disconnected from the Spreadsheets and won't be Updated when the Spreadsheet is updated). You can use these tables as your source Data for your Reports. Like I said, it's cheap, but it'll get you what you need until you can trouble-shoot your queries.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but when I do the make - table queries, I get an error message saying, Numeric Overflow.
My database works aslong as I don't close Access or shut down my PC, so I think that when I close access, it does something that changes the Linked Table????
Have reinstalled Access and still no luck?????

Upvote 0
If your linked tables are from a network drive, Access may be searching for your links on the wrong drive. This is common on a system that creates network drive letters automatically.

Good luck...

JT

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back